Hayley-Bopp graduated from COLLEGE

My little comet Hayley-Bopp continues her careening through the universe on her own trajectory, leaving her mother earth behind--as is the nature of careening babies, and as it should be; I just can't believe it went by so fast. 

In hindsight, I should have kept more of her early drawings. But then I would have even more bins in the garage filled with her artwork. I should have made more video recordings of her (and her siblings). I do think I was present since there was no Candy Crush when the babies were little, although there was computer pinball, and I spent a lot of time on that while the babies played and did whatever. But I was present and I did hear them make a lot of noise.

In parenting-Hayley-specific hindsight, I'm glad I let her do whatever with her hair (it changed color frequently, and the downstairs bathroom will forever bear remnants of permanent hair dye). It's only hair. Underneath her hair, she was and always will be my wee little Cheeky. She may look goth or whatever it is they call people who don't like "mainstream" things, but she is a friendly, happy, laughing person who likes to hang out with her parents, even at her current age and even more shocking, WHEN SHE WAS A TEENAGER. 

Jim and I traveled to Utah for Hayley's convocation (she didn't want to go to commencement, which was fine with us, we'd rather see her do the walk than sit and listen to generic speakers) because who doesn't want to see their kid get recognized for their hard work and effort?

Where are you, Hayley?


There she is!

Wee little short thing even wearing platform boots and still only comes up to the guy's shoulder.

That's my girl! 

Proud papa

Proud mama!

Showing off some of her art

I am so glad I got to see where she spent a lot of time creating.

This is work from their senior film.
 
I started this post several weeks ago and am just now finishing it. I've seen the senior film, just today! I can see my little girl's art style all over the environment, because she was the environment design lead! 
The film has not been officially released yet, and in order to follow the rules, I won't share any link to it until it has been officially released. 

Just for funsies, this is Hayley when she graduated from kindergarten.


Comments

TaterBean said…
Cute old kindergarten graduation picture! Yay Hayley!