Cue the scary music

Early this morning, before the sun was even sort of up, I went out to the van to hit the gym for some early morning exercise (I joined a club at the beginning of the year. I am not thin yet. I am blaming the club). The garage was pitch black, even though the garage door was open to the driveway, but I thought "Meh, I don't feel like turning on the garage light. I know my way to the car door and that way I won't have to turn the light off later." So I stepped into the garage.

And promptly bumped into a box with a big squishy sleeping bag on it, which rolled to the side and bumped into something else.

That bump triggered a tinkly musical noise...a music box.

I don't recollect a music box in the garage. I wasn't familiar with the tune. I am familiar with horror movies though, and this seemed like the perfect opening to one.

So I hustled my buns to Vanna White (the vehicle, who was NO help at all) and squealed the tires out of the garage.

After I exercised off my terror and after the sun had come up, I ventured back into the garage and looked around the squishy sleeping bag for the music box. But I never found anything that would have made the tinkly music.

I'm toying with the idea of telling Jim we need to move.

Comments

Jen said…
Shudder...that is creepy! Especially is you couldn't find the object that played the music. I'd say a move is in order or at least a poltergeist.
Jenni said…
Come into the light!
Unknown said…
Maybe you ran over the "tinkly" thing in your fear-induced haste. Now your fear is even greater. Viscious cycle.