Dropping the child off at college

Matt didn't want us fussing over him and taking a lot of pictures while we were on campus or at his apartment, but I did manage to get a few here and there. 

We had fun visiting the BYU campus and we got to hang out with Hayley and Paul, although Paul was not photographed. It was fun to see the kids together, laughing and joking. 
Niece Morgan, who we were glad had time during the rigorous band camp days to see us

Lunch at the Cougareat (what it was called way back when I ate there as a college student). All three of these children are BYU students! But they are just babies!

A Matt-sized door in one of the buildings

This seat was in a stairwell, kind of hidden. If I were a college student, I would spend a lot of time sitting here. 

Kung Fu Panda in the Math/Computer Sciences building

siblings, cousins, and second cousins (Zephram, Matt, Hayley, Maddie, Caemlyn). We made some time to meet up with my cousin, Megan, and her family. Two of their children are starting at BYU this year and we wanted the kids to meet each other. Maddie found us as well and we had ice cream and learned a little about each other. Two daughters of another cousin, Andrea, Megan's sister, were there as well, but they left before we could take a picture.
I can't believe Matt is a college student. When I started this blog, he was like 8? And now he's on his own, doing his own laundry, waking himself up, fixing food for himself, not being nagged about doing homework (not that I ever had to nag him very much).

I wish I had gotten a picture of Jerilyn and Beth on my phone when we went to lunch with them. We had limited time, but I did want to see them. It's weird that they, who are from two very different circles in my life, met each other independent of me. Jim was a good sport to put up with lunch with us old hens.

Comments