My Christmas presents are a work in progress

I got an unassembled robot puppet for Christmas. I've wanted my own Tom Servo for years and I finally got one for Christmas. It's been the second gift on my wish list for years (#1 is sea monkeys, but I've about given up hope that I will ever get any)

I started the robot puppet assembly with Christian's help (mostly his tools) and his unwanted advice (LOL, Christian was actually right a couple, well, all of the times. AND HE WASN'T SMUG ABOUT IT AT ALL. Oh, wait, yes he was).

So far, I have carved off a plastic look on Tom's lower beack, drilled several holes in various components, and sanded the parts to be painted.

I'll post more pics as I continue working.


I also got a 5000 piece puzzle from my antagonistic son-in-law, the aforementioned Christian, who seeks my committment to a mental health facility. 
there are naked people in this puzzle picture.

the beginning

first pieces joined

Hayley liked to help. Paul liked to be on his phone

the thing on the table was necessary because the table top is not big enough for the puzzle

crazy people

panoramic

one little corner

it's a mess

Jim attempts to fit a piece
Again, I'll post progress pictures. Maybe. Unless it does me in.

Comments

TaterBean said…
You've come a long way with the puzzle since this post!