Tackling a few things on the to-do list

The list looks something like this: 

Sew a bunch of quilts
Repaint the house
Build a robot puppet
Redecorate the whole interior of the house
Relandscape the whole yard

All of these things have been at least started.

Witness:

Started sewing our new bed quilt. It's going to take forever, but I will finish it.

THE HOUSE IS GETTING PAINTED! THE HOUSE IS GETTING PAINTED! THE HOUSE IS GETTING PAINTED!
I cannot fully express the joy that this brings me. I HATE HATE HATE the color of my house. 

Torso Boy Tom Servo. Jim has had to help me with attaching the arms and the engine block because none of the instructions I found online told me HOW DANG HARD THIS WAS TO DO. IT'S WAY HARD. You have to screw the screws from the inside of the barrel and it's hard and how do you even get a dang screwdriver IN the barrel? He has a ratchet one, but IT'S STILL HARD. And we put the arms on the wrong sides so I made Jim take them off and reattach them. He probably hates me now. But I wouldn't have been able to look at Tom Servo if we had left them on the way they were. Next step: the puppeteering rod that will attach the head to the barrel. I'll have to cut PVC pipe apparently. 

True, this isn't redecorating the whole inside of the house, but it's a start. I assembled that puppy all by myself and I didn't make any mistakes. 

Neither is this technically relandscaping the yard, but I'm pretty pleased with Katie and me for getting a garden in this year. And it is producing! A cucumber!

This has nothing to do with my list, but: Spokane grandchild eating a plastic dinosaur because CUTE!

Comments

TaterBean said…
I agree, Dad probably hates you now. I'm happy with the garden produce. And Spokane grandchild/nephew is very handsome!