Brioche

I love any reason to dress up in costume--if I were 30 years younger, I'd say I love to cosplay, but as I'm over 50, I need to use verbiage that reflects my age and not use language that the kids these days use, at peril of being made fun of. (Of course, I'd still get laughed at for using old-people-speak) When I was a kid we dressed up. Halloween conversation usually started with "What are you going to dress up as?"

This year, my animation freak daughter designed a witch character named Brioche, and she told me she based it sort of on me. My vanity being piqued, I love Brioche! And my non-animation freak daughter suggested I dress up as said witch for a Halloween party. I had been having trouble deciding on a costume prior to Katie's suggestion, but once she said it, I was all "DUH. YES."

For your reference, here is a picture of Brioche:
Brioche likes to bake.
Here's me as Brioche, who is somewhat based on me (so really, I'm dressing up as myself)

And here are some up close photos of the things I made for this costume: 
Pair of old black heels, papier-mache'd the curled up toes and added a ribbon and cardboard buckle.

Bought a ruched witch's hat, added a fabric band, and a toilet paper roll with cardboard handles (wrapped around push pins)

squashes on the apron. Later on I drew stems

makeup. Note the wart on my nose. 
I enjoyed cosplaying my daughter's cartoon class project.

Here are a few more pictures from the party and one that is not from a party: 
Jim went as a housepainter

My lovely kid with her super cute kids and her handsome boom-mike sound guy husband

Super cute grandson who wants to go through the kitty door and his best friend, an orange kitty.

Comments