Paddleboating

 Katie and Christian went on a paddleboat cruise on the Mississippi River a few weeks ago, and I decided I had to do it too. I made Jim come with me, and since Hayley and Austin were in town, we made them come too. 

This is the boat. Our table is on the upper level.

Hayley and Austin are willing to check out the Mississippi River.

St. Paul is in the background.

A bridge.

One half of a swing bridge, the half that doesn't have the swing bridge on it.

Pretty shoreline along the Mississippi

River

I don't know what this is, but there is water coming out of it.

Someone has hung out their laundry for us all to see.

The half of the swing bridge that has the swing bridge.


Dinner was available for preorder and we availed ourselves of the opportunity. They brought us dinner within a few minutes of getting underway. During the cruise, we were occasionally treated to a narrative piped through loudspeakers. I recognized the narrator as former anchor at WCCO, Don Shelby. 

I don't know why we didn't find this kind of outing while the kids were little, but at least we are taking advantage now, when we do learn of them. Any other suggestions for things to do in the Twin Cities?

Comments