Who wore it better?

My mother as a bridesmaid
 

Me playing dress up in an old, wrinkled bridesmaid dress

I'm going through photos and just wanted to see these two pictures next to each other. I remember my sister and me going through mom's old clothes when we were home from college one year and we took a few photos wearing our favorites. This one was my favorite dress--the top was velveteen, and the bottom some kind of textured polyester (which, as a teenager in the 80s, I wasn't all that keen on--I was a big fan of cotton--but hey, it was pink). 

Mom definitely wore it better since she ironed it before she wore it, and it fit her better. The dress was just a hair too tight on me. Also I seem to be wearing grey threadbare socks. I do think my hair was pretty sweet back then. 80s perms rocked!

Comments