Alienated

For once in my adult life, I got an idea for a Halloween costume BEFORE the day of a Halloween party. I got to spend a whole week prepping my costume, which was good, because it involved ordering several items from Amazon and sewing a dress. And I got an idea for a matching theme for the trunk or treat (which was moved inside, but we got a couple days advance notice and I was able to adapt my plans) which I was able to execute mostly the way I wanted to.

That's a green wig. You can't see the holographic properties of the material of my dress in this photo, but trust me, it was trippy. I kept the batterypacks for the light strings in my pockets (YES MY DRESS HAS POCKETS) and in my bra (for the neckline lights).

Firefighter Jackson

Viking Kate

Elsa Emma, holding a piece of cornbread that she actually ate (she doesn't usually like bread)

Viking alien Christian

Picking a cake pop for winning the cake walk

Twinsies

that's how you feed an alien

LOVE THE CAPE

I had to add this picture because Jackson had just tossed the ball and it hit that kid in the head and I snapped the photo at the perfect moment.

my alien abduction (safe for kids) themed room. There were flashing lights and glow sticks. All the kids ooohed and aaaahed over the room. It was actually darker than the photo shows.

You can see my holographic dress better. Jim is either Agent Mulder or the Will Smith character in Men in Black (He specifically said "Will Smith, not Tommy Lee Jones." har)
I love Halloween. Gotta start thinking about next year....

Also,
 
Me and my award for winning Best Original Chili.

Comments

TaterBean said…
The alien idea was outta this world!