Fort Jefferson

Jim and I have been to Dry Tortugas before, but it was so beautiful and peaceful that we had to go again. And this time, Jim was feeling fine (no passing out, no devil's eyes, no mental confusion) and we were going to snorkel this time! 

The catamaran ride is 2 hours of bouncing around, watching the water go by. Jim took dramamine, and I apparently don't get seasick. I get carsick very easily, but stick me on a boat and I'm just fine.
the view off the boat
I could take pictures of the walls for hours. I like the look of a receding wall.
 
There are jellies in the moat, but hard to see in the pictures

We are getting sunburned

proof that I was there (again)

the required photo pose for Fort Jefferson. I got my national parks passport stamped too. Most difficult one to get!

Look at those vanishing points!

No pictures of us snorkeling, but we had a delightful time! I have issues when I first stick my head in the water, but after I remind myself to breathe and that I'm not drowning, I calm down. Jim didn't want to go too far, but I persisted (although I didn't go all the way around like I wanted to) and he was actually glad that we went farther than he would have liked.
From my other camera a couple more pictures:
Better picture of the jellies

I like repetitive architectural elements in photos, and this one has the added bonus of an interruptive boat.

We snorkeled along that outer wall and around the corner
The ride home was less choppy than it was 5 years ago, no puking passengers (there was one on the way out) but we were tired and half slept most of the ride back.

Comments