10 things before I turn 51

Blog title means nothing. I haven't done a 10 things list in a while and there are a few odds and ends that I want to remember. I already forgot one thing once and it took me awhile to remember it.

1. Jackson wanted me to do "Here is the church, here is the steeple" in church last Sunday. So we did it and when I got to the last line, "They all go away," Jackson paused, then said, "Behind your back." Way to be a literalist, Jackson! I had a good laugh (but a quiet one, since we were in Sacrament meeting).

2. Also re "Here is the church", last night, we were driving home from Katie's Windjammer concert, and Jackson informed me that I need to learn a new verse for Here is the church because it's wrong. I asked him what was wrong with it, and he said, "after the prayer, some people go to Primary or Nursery, not home." He is figuring out stuff and comparing things he has been told with his experienced reality. I freaking LOVE kids at this age (4). It's such a shame we don't let kids keep their weirdness into adulthood.

3. I like the OK Google voice recognition capabilities on my phone. Funny thing is, Jim's phone has accepted my voice as a recognized authority to give commands. Last night, I said, "OK Google, set alarm for 6 am" and both my phone and Jim's chirped a response that an alarm was set.

4. Weird Al "Strings Attached" tour goes on sale on Friday. Jim's going to see if he can get me a VIP ticket!!! I'll get to meet Weird Al!

5. Under pressure by my sister in law, I created an Instagram for my cat. magicgreykitty  Magic is not impressed.

6. I've made my request for my birthday cake to my personal cake baker.

7. Last night at the Windjammers Christmas concert (which served very well to get me into the holiday spirit) I saw a guy I went to high school with and went over to him and said hello. We made awkward small talk for a bit. His mom was in the band, which is why I was pretty sure it was my classmate when I saw him.  Had I not known who his mother was, I would not have even given him a thought.

8. I ALMOST POSTED THIS TO MATT'S MISSION BLOG

9. I already know what my Christmas present is. And to punish Jim for telling me what it was, I told him what I planned to get him. We each ordered our own gift.

10. I've gotten 2 calls from the state of Washington and I don't know why. I was unable to answer either phone call and they didn't leave a message. Weird that I got two from WA within 3 minutes of each other, different area codes, and why WA? And no it wasn't Jimmy. His name would have come up.

Comments