I had a birthday, shout hooray

Birthdays are good days. I don't do much reflection; I just enjoy the day.  I walked at the dome before work and that always starts the day off well. I couldn't control how work went, but luckily, the load was light and I was able to get tasks completed without too much interruption or too many problems. All children checked in over the course of three days so they remain in the will. All siblings and parents made contact in various forms as well. It was just a day to be happy and grateful, and to let go of troubles and stress. I can do that much more easily now that I have no little children in my care.

After work, Katie and all came over for dinner and cake. Both grandkids were excited about eating cake, although there was some concern over whether Jackson would have room for cake in his stomach, since he ate 7 meatballs at dinner and wanted more. He really liked the meatballs.

The cake was lovely of course. Katie does a bang-up job. I requested the snowflakes as a throwback to my college freshman year. My roommate Karen and I spent an entire evening cutting out snowflakes and taping them to our dorm window, and it turned out so pretty. I've always liked snowflakes. They are delicate and floaty, and I find it kind of amazing that such small lacy things could pile up to such depths and cause traffic (foot, car, bike, etc) problems.
cek

one cutie pie

another cutie pie

sparklers from sister Jen

sparklers in action

a weird photo. I have no idea how this happened.I know it has something to do with how the camera takes pictures but really? was there a big flash for only one fraction of the time it takes for the camera to scan for a photo? And some of the cake decorations don't line up exactly. 

apparently I have something in/on/near my nose

one child requested that I add eyebrows
After dinner and cake, Jim and I went to MOA to walk and shop. I shopped, Jim stayed out of the stores (they were all too womany for him, har) and researched plane tickets for SLC so we can go out to see Paul graduate from college. He ended up finding a good deal and bought tickets, so I'll excuse him from shopping assistance. 

Then we watched TV in bed (thank you, Roku, for making our TV apps available upstairs on our non-smart TV). I recommend The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (note: swear words and exposed breasts in one scene--so far? I'm only 3 episodes in). Tony Shalhoub, Kevin Pollack, and Alex Borstein are brilliant. Whoever wrote for their characters is/are brilliant. I love every scene with either the Weisman parents or the Maisel parents, and scenes when they are together are hilarious. If Tony Shalhoub does not get granted national treasure status for this role, I will cry.

Comments

TaterBean said…
I should probably make more meatballs for Jackson now that I know he will eat so many. Did you get your tiny spatulas yet?