Scenery

While on our state park vacation, I looked at more than just mushrooms. MN state parks have opened my eyes to the varied landscape of Minnesota. More than once, I've heard MN referred to as flat and boring, not like wonderful California! or foresty upstate East Coast! Or warm and beachy like Florida! Not that the slights on my home state ever convinced me that Minnesota was less than ideal as far as natural beauty, I have long enjoyed the vast landscape of trees and fields and rivers and lakes, but I had no idea that I could enjoy it so much more because there were little wonders tucked inside state parks I had never been to! My favorite and one that I felt was really different was the Big Bog. 

I'll try to label where these are, but no promises of accuracy. Suffice to say, they all do exist and I like the views.

Mille Lacs

Also Mille Lacs on a windy day, so the waves are nice and high

Mississippi river

Don't know the lake, but it's at Savanna Portage state park

The little bog walk at Savanna Portage SP

Savanna Portage SP

More Savanna Portage

Scenic state park

Scenic

Again, Scenic

McCarthy Beach state park

McCarthy Beach SP 

Same
McCarthy again


McCarthy

Public beach in Ranier MN (Canada on the other side of the water). Jim and I went down the slide.

Big Bog

Big Bog

Big Bog
Franz Jevne


Franz Jevne

Franz Jevne. We were that close to another country...

Franz Jevne

Soudan Mine

Bear Head Lake SP

Bear Head Lake SP (But I don't think it's Bear Head Lake. Shumway maybe?)
Bear Head Lake SP


Cuyuna SRA (one of the mining lakes)


Comments