Peru Piura

I know everyone already is aware of Paul's mission call, but I wanted to share the video of him opening the letter. We didn't get to see EJ open his letter (which was fine because we weren't around when the letter came and EJ couldn't wait to open it. Who can blame him?), so it was fun to see Paul open his.

Here is the link to the video: LINK

Please ignore the loud, overbearing mother noise in the background (or foreground. I'm pretty loud in this video and possibly real life). If I could learn to keep my trap shut, the video would have been much nicer.

Anyway, Paul is pretty happy about his assignment. Peru will be an adventure. We discovered from the internet (source of all truth) that Piura Peru is the oldest Spanish settlement in South America.

July 17th 2013 is the date Paul reports to Lima Peru to start his mission.

I'm open to suggestions for Paul's future mission blog title. I thought I'd just mimic the one I have for EJ, which is EJ goes to TJ, but then it would be EP goes to PP and if you say it out loud, then you have something completely different. So I'm not using that. Ideas?

Comments

Mike said…
Ok so first off, was Matt not able to lay off the 'Fun Dip' long enough for Paul to open a letter? I will remind him of that if I ever have to do a root canal on him. My suggestion for Pauls blog name is 'Pavl in Perv'. I know, it might not make the finals but I had to throw it out there. Nice to have a video of the letter opening, thanks for posting.
CC
Jenni said…
My favorite moment was when Katie said, "Wait, where is Peru?" That was a lot of fun to watch!! I like Mike's suggestion, although not everyone will know that the "v" is pronounced like a "u" and "perv" gives it another meaning that you don't want to be associated with. I'll have to think on this.
TaterBean said…
I didn't ask "where is Peru?" I asked "Where IN Peru?"
TaterBean said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said…
Peruvian Paul

PaulinPeru

Jake and Steph said…
How about "I'll-pack-a llama for Peru"? Anywho, is the entire Evans clan going to be fluent in Spanish within the next few years? I was also intrigued by the Fun-Dip fervor in the background. Have the packages of fun dip grown smaller over the years? I guess Paul will just be getting his summer legs under him before he is jettisoned off to winter in Peru. Not sure what winter is like there, but I can ask los dos peruanos that work at the Club. Also, Dylan's kindergarten teacher is married to a peruano. The high altitudes may help his capacity whist running. Pretty exciting. I was looking for Paul's hands to be shaking in the video, he seemed pretty calm. Proud day for the Evans brood. :)
Dennis said…
I am so excited for Paul. I spoke to a man at the temple on Sat who is from Lima and he said Piura is very hot. I also found on Wikipedia it is called Ciudad del Eterno Calor. The yearround avg temp is about 90. I hope Paul likes it hot. Since it is so close to the Equator there is no winter but summer all year. Good sea food and excellent beaches (which Paul will NOT get to enjoy).
Jen said…
We are all so excited for Paul! What an adventure he has in store, and I know he will do great. I'd suggest "And to drink Peru!" for the blog title. Wow, you are going to be busy maintaining THREE blogs.
Jessie said…
SO EXCITING!!

I know I'm a bit late for suggestions, but since he'll be "Elder Evans," you could so some sort of "E squared to P squared." (I don't know how to do a little floating 2 with my keyboard)