Diabet-it

I'm never going to beat diabetes, but I can live with it. I realize this is a progressive disease and I might get worse at some point, but for now, I am doing well.

I have been able to control my blood glucose level most of the time, and when it does spike, I know what to do (mostly go for a walk and drink water) to bring it down. And it has always come down with in  a few hours. I'm not giving up sugar completely, but I have learned to enjoy small doses and only a couple times a week. Yesterday, I had a very delicious Samoan blondie (thanks Katie!), but I made sure to have a tiny slice and I shared it with Emma.

So I went shopping for pants on Saturday night because the one pair of jeans I have in my wardrobe is too big and in danger of falling down whenever I put my cell phone in the pocket. I am happy to report that I am down 3 pants sizes, and 2 shirt sizes. I actually bought a dress from the misses section (NOT THE PLUS SIZE WOMEN'S SECTION). This is huge! Not literally! Figuratively! MY figure! (Oh the wordplay!) I nearly jumped for joy in the fitting room! I can shop in regular size clothing! I haven't done that in 15 years! Maybe even longer!

Dec 2016--I had to go all the way back to Dec to find a picture of myself before I was diagnosed.
Oct 2017 Hard to tell if there's a change, but I assure you there is.
I have lost 36 lbs. I still have more to lose, but I'm pleased with my progress.

Comments

TaterBean said…
It's a noticeable change. Awesome!!!