Banoffee

Still day one in London. After the Hop On/Hop Off bus, we checked into our hotel. I didn't take any pictures of it, but it was nice. The rooms were big! Although to Katie and Christian, they weren't all that big. Caroline and Abbie, who shared the room with K and C, can, with their very small bodies, fill up a room. Hayley roomed with Jackson and Emma to provide an adult presence in their room, and Jim and I had a room to ourselves. They were all off the same common space, not really a hallway, more of a foyer. There was one other room off the same foyer and though we heard noise from the room, we never saw the occupants. One other notable thing: these rooms were in the "basement." There were windows with light coming through, but the light that was coming through were LED strips outside the "windows" which looked straight at a blank wall. Well at least we wouldn't have any street noise to bother us. We did hear the underground trains, but that was white noise and not bothersome.

Speaking of trains, I like these signs. This was for Bayswater, I believe, not Queensway (which was literally just around the corner from the hotel entrance)

After a nap at the hotel, Jim and I went out for a walk with the intention of finding dinner. We found an Italian restaurant, Bella Italiana.

I don't remember what these appetizers were, but they were yummy.

Jim had breaded chicken

And I had mushroom and chicken pasta

BANOFFEE was so good!!!! Caramel, dulce de leche, bananas, roasted marshmallows on a pizza crust, dusted with powdered sugar. 

night time walk after dinner near Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Mostly just around the block.

row houses

It was all just so wonderfully English!

It seems like this sign could be less wordy. 

 End of day one! It was a long one. I didn't get any sleep on the plane, and even though I tried on the bus, I may h ave only dozed. I did get a nap in the hotel, but it wasn't enough. So eventually we did fall asleep at a somewhat appropriate time for the time zone we were in. 

Comments