Do I need more skirts?

Yes. Always.

I've been on a sewing binge lately. I shared on Facebook this past week that I spent a whole day cutting out skirts, shirts, and a dress. I have started sewing up what I cut out.

So far, I have completed two of the skirts and one shirt.

Gray maxi skirt.
 I love maxi skirts. SO comfortable and they cover up my legs. The pattern was one I got for a dollar and the fabric was close-out priced at Mill End (sniff. I am so sad that they are closing).


White pencil skirt
I LOVE this fabric, which I also got at Mill End for cheap. It's got a chevron pattern on it, and it is technically a knit so there is some stretch, but it's heavier than a regular knit. The only thing I don't like about the skirt is that I put an elastic waistband. I have half a mind to undo it and sew some darts in the back and put in a zipper and a waistband. 

See the lovely chevron pattern?

Lavender shirt
I've sewed a teal shirt out of this pattern before and really liked it, so I decided to do another one. I have many skirts that will go with a lavender shirt. The material was also purchased at Mill End for rock bottom prices. Also see my hair in the picture? It does that on it's own. I like it, but the other side of my hair doesn't flip out like that so it ends up looking unbalanced. Then I get frustrated and put it all up in a ponytail.

I'm in the middle of another shirt (animal print!) and I'll post that when I finish. I think so far, each item has cost me about $5.

Comments

Jenni said…
That's so sad about Mill End. My question is, "Where will all the ends go now?" Will they sell them to another "outfit"? hahaha.

You have done a fine job of sewing! I especially liked the white on white chevron. Very now.

Jen said…
Wow, look at you go! I love all of your sewn items. Now it's time to make ME something. Okay, only kind of kidding. Hopefully, this will motivate me to do the same and start sewing (beyond napkins) again. I love that chevron fabric. You got a bunch of extra, right, to share with your dear old sister-in-law??? I want to see everything in person, too.