Carpet blogger

We bought paint to redecorate the tiniest bedroom in the house. While we were waiting for the paint to be mixed, Jim and I wandered over to the flooring section and Jim got caught up in looking at flooring options for the kitchen/dining room. The sales guy got Jim hooked on thinking he could do an install of click-together flooring planks over our existing vinyl. I guess I'm ok with it, heck, I'd love a new floor in the kitchen/dining area, but I am hesitant to just lay the new stuff over the old vinyl. I don't like that idea. I do think Jim could do the install himself, but it's probably harder than the sales guy made it out to be. Anyway, we got some samples which are currently lying on the floor in the dining room looking kind of too dark. But I plan on painting the cupboards white, so a darker floor will be ok.

What I was most interested in was new carpeting for the little bedroom. I took pictures of possibilities. I'm leaning towards a darker color for carpet in that little room because the walls will be lighter, and the cupboards will be painted white. We have two new grey chairs (that fold out into mattresses in case someone wants to sleep over and the bunkbed in the boys' room is taken) already.

Carpet possibilities:
Teal?


green? Hmmm

the blue one, but not the really dark blue. Or maybe yes the dark blue.

the blue one. I just like blue carpeting.

the current state of the little room

That bookshelf will probably get painted white, so will the shelf. Plus all doors and moulding.

Comments