In an orderly fashion

I'm going to watch all the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes in order. It's a big job, but I've got to do it. I've already watched episodes 101 and 102. I had thought I had seen all the episodes that I own on DVD,  but alas, I was mistaken--I have no recollection of either episode. And I'm half way through ep 103, and I have no memory of that one either. So I'm setting about rectifying the situation, and the ONLY way to make sure I see every single episode is to watch them in order. The ones which have not been released on DVD (sadly, there are over a dozen of them) I will have to search for on youtube and hope they are there. If not, we move on, sad but firm in the achievement of the goal.

Others have done it, so will I.

The first season (and no, I'm not going to watch the KTMA episodes. They are mostly inaccessible and only super duper Mistie fanaticists consider them to be even remotely watchable) is kinda hard to get through. There are fewer jokes, and it's still really rough production-wise. Plus I am NOT used to J Elvis Weinstein as Larry Erhardt and Tom Servo, but I will admit I thoroughly enjoyed the recent host segment I saw from ep 103 where Tom tries to flirt with a blender. So J Elvis, you did set the standard for Tom, and I applaud you for it.

Jim is mostly supportive of my ambition.

Comments