Salsbury Crags

 Had I known this was very near Edinburgh, I would have planned to spend the afternoon/evening here. As it was, by the time we had found Salsbury Crags and thought we might like to have a hike, we were already kind of footsore.

This is at the Scottish Parliament house, before we realized the hikable nature of this hill. 

We had seen some people on the hill as we got closer and realized that it was a popular place to walk around. I convinced Jim that we should go over and investigate.

From part way up the hill we could see this nice place to live

The view was gorgeous all the way around

See? People up there. 

My view of Jim's view

Ruins attached to the very nice place to live! (Holyrood house? Holyrood Abbey?)

I'd go up there to look around too.

We only made it up about a third of the way. We knew we had a ways to go to walk back and didn't want to wear ourselves out too early. Someday I want to go back to Edinburgh and walk around Holyrood park.


On our way back to find some dinner, we stopped to look at the guards in kilts

Holyroodhouse was not open to visitors but one could still stick a phone between gate bars to snap a photo.

Edinburgh couple selfie

a very old cemetery located on a steep hill! Imagine walking through it at night or in fog!




Edinburgh has lots of hills.

I don't know what this is, but next time I'm in Edinburgh, I will check it out.

Our dinner at t a Nepalese restaurant. This was very tasty.

Jim's food. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, or what dishes these were, but it was very good!

Comments

TaterBean said…
I love the cemetery! I would make myself walk that at night or in the fog, just to freak myself out.