A Nightmare before Christmas at the Royal Albert hall

 After the Globe Theater tour, we wandered along some London streets by the river (Thames) and Hayley took off for the London Tower. Jim and I decided to visit the Victoria and Albert museum.


A sewing machine! My machines are not this pretty, but I bet they have more stitch options. 

I'd like to ride around in this. I would need a ball gown though because if you are riding around in a carriage like this, you are going to a ball where you might meet a prince. I wonder how bumpy the ride would be?

I would wear these! 

I don't know how women managed daily function in this kind of dress (although it would be nice to have bumpers like that in public places to keep people from invading my personal space). How can you even sit down?

I guess this is the same type of dress all folded up. And that is one small waist. My waist would only fit in the skirt part of that dress.

The decor is almost overwhelming.


After the museum and a bit of a rest, we met back up with Hayley for dinner at a middle eastern restaurant. I don't remember the names of the dishes we ate, but it was delicious. We shared our food with each other so that we could taste everything. We loved the pita chips and dip (not picutred)

And now it's bucket list time for both Hayley and Jim. Jim has wanted to go inside the Royal Albert Hall. When we were planning for this trip, Jim looked up the website for Royal Albert Hall to see if there were any concerts worth seeing while we were there. Luckily for Hayley, her favorite performer, Danny Elfman, was going to be in town for movie music! We got 3rd row tickets! The hall was on the other side of Kensington Gardens/Hyde park from our hotel so we just walked right through it.

All set in our seats! Look how close we were to the stage!


And this is what the rest of the hall looks like.

We're ready for music! 



The first half of the concert was the orchestra playing selections from Danny Elfman's movie scores. I leaned over to Hayley and whispered, "I hope we didn't misunderstand the concert. I thought he was going to be here." She replied, "I thought that too. Maybe he'll come out in the second half." And he did! Hayley was so excited. She has seen him in concert in LA the last two years (on Halloween). She says she's keeping up the tradition of seeing Danny in concert in October. 

He sang Jack Skellington's song

And a duet with the conductor as well. I enjoyed the concert very much, having seen many of the movies for which Danny did the music. Hayley was so happy to be in the third know and know that Danny saw her face--not that she is known to him, but still. He must have seen her face at some point!

We had to walk around Hyde Park to get back to the hotel and passed an open gelato shop. We couldn't resist. The rose cones were beautiful and delicious! A great way to end a busy day!

Comments