Tea time

After the Princess Diana memorial playground, it was time for me to fulfill a bucket list item, visit Liberty of London. I've heard of Liberty fabrics, which are expensive here in the states, and I'd wanted to see their stock in London. We had an afternoon tea to attend close by later in the afternoon, so it was just a matter of finding the building and having a look around. I bought 2 meters of 2 kinds of fabric, which they very nicely wrapped up individually into little cellophane bags. I don't have photos of me looking at all the fabric, but Katie does. The store isn't a fabric store, it's more of a home goods departments store. The fabric is on the 4(?)th floor. Katie and the girls found a nice chair to sit on while I perused the bolts of chic fabric.


It's a lovely building!

with some very interesting lobby art! 

Our afternoon tea was at the Sanderson hotel. We dressed up a little bit for it. The theme was Alice and Wonderland.

Coloring pages and crayons were provided. 

It's nice to have something to do while we wait for the food.

The tea was held in an open air atrium in the hotel. Very fancy!

We're ready to have tea!

a server took our picture

The plates were adorable! 

I just love the art!

And the quotes. 


The first thing brought to our table was a drink. I don't remember what the original color was (teal?), but the server poured another liquid in it and it changed to purple. Very impressive! I don't remember how it tasted, though.

This is our tea service! Sandwiches on the bottom, sweets in the middle, and scones on the top layer with candy floss (cotton candy for us Americans) puffs on the tippy top

The girls mostly ate the desserts

I adored the sandwiches! They were basically sandwich loaf. Salmon and cream cheese, chicken salad, egg salad, and I can't remember the other kind. There was also a little round ball of fried dough with something in it that was absolutely divine! 

Even the teapot was cute! I had peppermint tea and Katie had peach.

Abbie slept during the entire tea. But that's all right. She was tired from the playground activity. 

I really need to research the sandwich offerings to see if I can recreate the recipes. 

After our tea, we headed back to the hotel to rest before everyone else returned from their day trips. I realized when we got back to the hotel that I left my fabric at the hotel. Back on the underground I went. Thankfully, the hotel had my fabric at their front desk and it ended well.

Comments