Hipster fashion show blog post

I'm still tickled about the dresses we got for Hayley at Bethesda. Be prepared for more posts like this every time Hayley wears one of the "new" dresses for the first time.

Hayley wore one of the thrift store dresses to church this past Sunday. She surprised me with her pick, but when I saw her in it, I thought she looked very cute.

The sleeves are a bit too long, but she likes things slightly too big. As you can see, the neck is scooped quite low, but a red cami underneath it adds an interesting bit of color (the phrase "a pop of color" currently makes me want to hurl. So I avoid saying/typing it). I tried to convince her to wear red tights too, but she wouldn't. And yet she complains of being cold all the time. She wore her coat over the dress all through church so wearing a cute dress was pretty much a wasted effort. Oh well. At least I have this picture.
Forced seriousness
She is also wearing the ballet flats we got at the thrift store. I neglected to get a close up of them, but y'all know what black ballet flats look like so no biggie.

a "pose"









Comments

Jenni said…
That is an adorable dress!! Love that strategically placed contrast of color!! But if she is just going to wear a coat, she can just wear a tshirt and shorts and no one would be the wiser.
Jen said…
Oooh, I like the dress very much especially with added pop of color. I tend to add a pop of color whenever and wherever I can. Pops of color really do add interest to an outfit. Fashion bloggers swear by a pop of color here and a pop of color there.

P.S. I hope you enjoy my five uses of the phrase pop of color...wait six now.
Jen, HURL HURL HURL HURL HURL and HURL
Mike said…
I'm wearing a pop of color today. Just thought you'd like to know.(jen here, not CC)