Bachelor of Science

Jim and I have the relatively new freedom of being able to travel without worrying about leaving kids behind, because there are no more kids at home. Just the cat, the gecko, and the sea monkeys, and Katie is agreeable to checking up on them periodically if we leave.

So we left for Paul's graduation from BYU. Normally, when we travel to Utah, we drive. And I like driving, even it if is a two day ordeal. I like driving through South Dakota and Wyoming. We have certain places we like to stop. But this time, we flew. I did kind of miss hiking around Independence rock and Devil's Tower, and stopping at favorite rest stops (Hello, Chamberlain SD, I like you!), BUT it was nice to just GET OUT TO UTAH ALREADY and have lots of time to spend with my Utah kids. 

We got out to Utah in time for dinner, which we spent at IHOP with Hayley, Paul, and Bethany. 

Next morning? COMMENCEMENT. Arthur C Brooks gave an amazing speech about anger and conflict vs contempt. He said anger and conflict are necessary for growth, competition, new ideas etc, but contempt is where things break down. I'd read his books. Anyway, here is a picture from commencement which was packed. Paul is in there somewhere.
Commencement 

after commencement at the WILK
Convocation, when names are read. Paul and his somewhat disturbing look RIGHT AT THE CAMERA

in line

Of course he looks RIGHT AT THE CAMERA again

Bachelor of Science friends. The one on the right is going to DMU with Paul. Can't remember the guy's name.

Bachelor for not much longer

I'm just so happy

A more dignified me with Paul and Jim

Bethany's parents came too. I think they like Paul.
 
Paul requested pictures be taken with the stuffed animals in the Life Sciences building

The goat?

He spent a lot of time in this building
More on the rest of the trip later. I hope. We were out there from Wed evening to Sun evening.

Comments

TaterBean said…
The remote. Had to say it again. Yes, more pictures please! And yay Paul! I hope they spend a lot of time coming up to MN for long weekends and such when they are in Des Moines.
You HAVE to say it. It's required.