Y redux

I hiked to the Y again, nearly a year after I hiked it the first time. That time, I went to the bottom. This time, I made it to the top of the Y. Much pleased with myself. It was difficult, but NOT AS difficult as it was last time. This time, I could rest for shorter periods of time at the switchbacks and I wasn't wondering if I was going to make it. I knew I was going to. Art and Karen and Paul came along with Jim and me and we had a great time. Paul made it look super easy, and when we got to the top, he was eyeing the off-shoot trails that went even further up the mountain.

Going down was more difficult than going up, because my quads turned to jelly about halfway down, I felt a shooting pain, and then my knee started swelling up. For a while, I had to face backwards, which helped a lot. I was still going down, but the physics of the knee movement were different and did not irritate the current issue. In fact, there was very little pain going down backwards. I put my hand on Jim's shoulder and he was my guide.

The starting point

Art and Karen at one of the switchbacks

Red cheeks but it's a happy exertion

Last year, we went straight ahead. This time we continued up the mountain.

The Y looks more upright from the valley

Happy to have made it!

The rest of the group

Down the Y

Our little hiking group

Comments