British Museum, Bacchanalia, and a play

This second day in London was a very busy one. After Westminster Abbey, we had lunch at a fish 'n chips diner (I actually had a pot pie,which was delicious), we headed to the British Museum. We walked a ways it seems and I can't remember which street it was that we walked on. I saw a charming little shop with Halloween decor, but didn't stop in because we were in a time crunch. I wanted to go back to it later, but we never found it. 

Hayley's head in the British museum. The museum is very large.

They have a massive amount of Egyptian stone pieces

A very solemn fellow missing his chin

There was a lot of Greek pottery, which fascinated Hayley. 

The Rosetta Stone!

My lower back and feet were getting tired after a full day. I remember being done with the museum at this point because I was overstimulated, the museum was crowded, and there were few places to sit and rest my sore lower body. We made it back to the hotel and rested. 

But then we had to go back out! We went to a fancy restaurant of Hayley's choosing called Bacchanalia, a spendy restaurant where they treated patrons like they were filthy rich. And they dressed in Ancient Greek inspired uniforms.

This was our lovely meaty dinner! I had some asparagus as well. 
And we had to have desserts. This was amazing. I loved the meringue spikes! 


More meringue!

THE LADIES' LOO! Over the top fancy!

And it was sparkling clean! The actual bathroom stalls were similarly tiled and I actually took a picture while sitting on the commode.


A large mural that was less ancient than first glance. The center guy is wearing jorts and taking a selfie. There were other fun anachronisms too. Someone was wearing an Apple watch, and there were stiletto pumps on the floor. 

After dinner, we headed to Soho for a play. We hopped on a bus, but the traffic got so bad that the driver kicked us all off because he couldn't go any further. There was a road blockage of some sort. My feet hurt so bad and my toes were numb but I whimpered along. Jim eventually flagged down another bus, which was out of commission, but the driver drove us 2 blocks anyway. I was very grateful. I don't remember which theater, but I do remember the play: The Play that Goes Wrong. 

The set at the beginning of The Play that Goes Wrong. The set did not look like this at the end of the play.

The play was HILARIOUS. And I was relieved to be sitting and not walking. But again, the play was so much fun! I highly recommend any production of this piece of theater! So much goes wrong!




 

Comments