Bread

A couple days ago, I got a hankering for really good bread. Not plain old sandwich bread that I buy at the store for $1.39, but stuff that I have to go to a bakery for and pay a few dollars more. I could just bake some myself, but with getting EJ ready for next Wednesday, work, and seminary prep, I frequently make excuses not to bake, let alone cook dinner.

I thought to myself, "I really want to go to a bakery to get some fancy bread. But I never leave my house anymore, except for seminary and that doesn't really count because...I don't know why it doesn't count, but it doesn't."

So I've been traipsing around the house for a few days thinking about bread and how and when to get some.

Then on my way to seminary this morning, I realized that there's a Great Harvest Bread Company within a mile of the church.

And I was pretty sure that since it's a bakery, they'd be open at 7 a.m.!  After seminary ended today, I cruised over to the GHB, and YES they were open! I bought some bread!  Finnish Pulla and Honey Whole Wheat!

I don't know why this is such a great thing that I should be blogging about it. I guess it's because I'm putting aside so many other things so I can work (which I need to do and I like my job) and teach seminary, I find very little time to get out of the house, even to go grocery shopping--my grocery store is only open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.  And so to find one place conveniently located to somewhere I go every day, where I can just stop in and get something yummy and to have enough time to do it, is a big thing.

Now if only there were a shoe store close by GHB that opened a 7 a.m., I'd never complain about not having the time to leave my house ever again.

Comments

Jen said…
Yum, I love any bread from Great Harvest. Now my stomach is growling, and I'm cursing you for not having a Great Harvest near my house. I shake my fist at you, Sara!