Is there an app for that?

I was sitting here at the table at my laptop and I reached out to put my hand on the mouse. I moved it around, but the cursor didn't move. I was perplexed for a nanosecond, then I realized that A) the mouse didn't feel like a regular mouse, and B) I don't have a mouse for the laptop, and C) I had my hand on my cell phone.

Aside from the fact that it proves I might have lost a couple of marbles, I had a good laugh. Jim was standing next to me and I told him what happened. He said, "That's next--an app that will turn a cell phone into a mouse."

What a great idea! I wonder if anyone else has thought of it? It's too bad I'm not proficient at programming, otherwise, I'd be figuring out how to make the idea reality.

Comments

Jen said…
I don't see why that isn't already a possibility. For crying out loud, I've seen apps to turn your phone into a remote control, heart rate monitor, length/angle measurer, a level, car key finder, X-ray, and urine drug tester (yes for reals...why someone would ever urinate into their phone is beyond me). So turning your phone into a mouse seems like a small task.
Jenni said…
Why can't everything just do what we want it to do. Surely "they" can make that happen. I'm sorry for your disappointment.