Thanksgiving abundance

This year I get two Thanksgivings. Yesterday we ate with friends. Today we eat with family.

No, I don't celebrate Black Friday.  All the pushing and shoving by the thick angry crowds repel any thought of even setting foot in a non-food related store on the Friday after Thanksgiving. EJ got home from his shift at Boxmart and said it was a people-filled night shift. The customers were cranky, and he is used to working in a quiet store. The sales started at 10 p.m. last night, and customers getting to the store at 10 had already missed out on the deals they were there to cash in on.

We drove home from the friends' house at around 10 last night and saw the long line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot. When 10 p.m. driving is more backed up than rush hour, I'm not participating.

Anyway, we had a good time with the friends. The husband is a friend of Jim's since high school and he and his family moved to MN almost two years ago. They have children roughly the same age as we do and the two groups seem to get along really well. We hadn't heard much from the kids at all, except during dinner, because they were having such a good time.

Time to go on a walk. And then time to make the stuffing.


Comments

Jen said…
I agree, I'll not be attempting to compete with the aggressive shoppers today. Well, I did go to Walgreens to get some "free" hair bands, toothpaste, and toothbrushes. Thankfully, I was the only one there. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time yesterday. Can't wait to see you and indulge in lots of squash buns.
Jenni said…
There is nothing I want on Black Friday more than sleeping in. I get up at 4:45 on a regular basis; therefore, sleep is my bargain.