1. Paul was running in it, of course
2. He ate pizza the night before and he is sure that whenever he eats pizza the night before a meet, he does well.
3. The weather promised to be nice to me, unlike the previous meets where I was confined to the inside of a fleece-lined waterproof jacket.
4. The meet was at the high school I attended lo, those many years ago.
5. Mom promised sandwiches
Unfortunately, I also had solid reasons to be somewhere else:
1. Matt had a band concert
2. Sadly NOT at my high school alma mater
3. It was the last jazz band and regular band concert of the year
4. I had no one else to drive him there
5. and he had trombone lessons before the concert.
So Jim and my mom went. Lucky them! (I will not complain)
Paul ran very well.
|Here he is at the start of the 1600 m race|
|He was in first place for most of the race, but the Tonka guy behind him caught up in the 4th lap|
Then two hours later, he had to run again, and twice as long.
|fourth place finish|
I'd post pictures of the band concert, but Jim had my camera at the track meet. Matt and the rest of the jazz band/regular band did well, but Matt didn't dance as much as he had in previous concerts. Maybe next year.