1. If ever I enjoyed cleaning, it was today. I cleaned the living room. I removed the trombone and the music pertaining unto it. I washed a plastic cabinet thing on wheels and moved it to another room. I removed backpacks. I went through all the clutter on the half walls. I put away the Valentine's day and Easter decorations. I dusted the piano. I put up a few of Paul's senior picture boards. I arranged the missionary shrine and hung a signature tie that EJ sent home (it's a white tie with the names of all the elders in his MTC district). I vacuumed (including baseboards). There is now NOTHING in the living room that doesn't belong there.
2. I am tempted to not let people in the living room for at least a week, just so I can keep it looking nice.
3. Adding unto the cleanliness of the upstairs, I also decluttered the kitchen counter yesterday.
4. Although, looking at the counter now, someone has put a pizza box (with pizza in it) on the counter. And a couple of plates and a pizza crust. I may have to cordone off the kitchen area too.
5. CHILDREN, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!
6. I am going through the bookshelves downstairs. Lots of books are being relegated to plastic containers in the garage, and some are even going to be (gasp!) given away. I need room for more books (although now that I have a Kindle, I won't be taking up TOO much space with more books).
7. I am toying with the idea of painting my coffee table (that has never had coffee on it). It's kinda dinged up and, um, out of style. A paint job might make me like it more.
8. We inherited a piano bench (without the piano) from the neighbors when they moved. It's now sitting under the window in the living room. What shall I put on it? Plants? Succulents maybe? Catnip?
9. I also cleaned my room.
10. The sewing room/office is next.