Give peas a chance

Today I will plant peas. I have had it on my to-do list for several days, but the ear infection and several unexpected events (like missionaries showing up unannounced and chatting for over half an hour after using the bathroom, and another vehicle scare involving inability to shift into overdrive and going 45 mph down a road on which people like to go 65. I think my car might need a walker to help it get around) prevented me from getting out into the dirt and shoving seeds into it.

So my mantra for today is "I will plant peas. I will plant peas. I will plant peas."

But first I have to blog. Which I am doing right now. I don't know WHY I have to blog, and WHY I feel compelled to do it most every day. Most blogs I read don't update every day. And what I post surely isn't earth-shattering, earth-shaking, or even earth-twitching. Perhaps I blog to remind myself that I did something nearly every day, even if it was only thinking a few thoughts and writing them down on a computer interface mechanism.

I will plant peas. I will plant peas.

I will also get my children to help me plant peas. That way I can have them to most of the work and I can still feel the sense of accomplishment of finally finishing a task.

Comments

Jen said…
Oooh, yum. We have not tried planting peas before. You'll have to tell how they turn out and how easy they are to pick/maintain/etc. We're not doing much of anything outdoors today because it's been raining all day with lots o' thunder and lightening.
TaterBean said…
you dont even like john lennon...