Love that stays piping hot for HOURS

I love my Thermos.

Yesterday I had a 7 hour shift to work as a sub at the preschool/kindergarten and I had only minutes beforehand to make my lunch. I decided to try something new. I boiled water and filled my Thermos (it was about 10:30 a.m.). I put a cup o' ramen noodles and a packet of cocoa mix in my lunch bag (and lest you think I pack unhealthy lunches, I also had celery, yogurt and a clementine) and went to work. An hour later at the school, I made the ramen noodles with the still-boiling-hot water. Four hours later and still at the school, I made hot cocoa with the still-boiling-hot water.

When I got home at 6:15 p.m., I dumped the remaining water out of the Thermos. It was still very very hot--hot enough to scald my hand.

The Thermos works. Paul was impressed. Now he wants a Thermos.

I also love my crockpot, even though the rice in last night's dinner did not cook properly in the crock pot. At least there was edible chicken and gravy to serve to the family when I got home.

I still need to do Christmas cards though. I wish my Thermos could help me with that.

Comments

Jen said…
Clever idea to just fill the thermos with water. Occasionally, I have sent Annie to school with Ramen or other soups in her thermos, and she says it's just perfect by the time lunch rolls around. I haven't done it yet this for the girls because I have yet to get Mimi a thermos. I'll make sure to sing "I'm Picking Out a Thermos For You" when I finally get around to getting her one.