My own personal generic reading

I was reading one of the annoying blogs recently and got annoyed all over again. The blogger had a psychic reading done for her. My eyes rolled so far up in my head I could practically see my hair follicles from the inside (side note: once when I was little, I accidentally popped the head off my Barbie doll and was freaked out by the ends of the hair on the inside of the doll's head. The clumps of hair looked very much like spiders. I was very careful after that not to pop the head off my Barbie again). This blogger was very impressed with her reading and went off on how TRUE everything was. Regardless if I believe psychic powers are real, this woman's reaction annoyed the heck out of me. My opinion on psychics (and for the record, I have had no experience WITH an actual real live psychic, and keep in mind that this is my opinion--yours may differ) is that they make general statements that are easily applicable into the particular circumstances of a person's life. At least that's what I concluded after being forced at a fitness club to watch several episodes of Montel Williams that featured a psychic.)

Anyway, I decided to see if the statements the psychic made to the annoying blogger could apply to me. (I won't go into the specific statements because I don't want to make it possible for people to google the wording and find this other blog and then somehow link back to me and have the annoying blogger read what I wrote about her)

Every single statement the psychic applied to me in some form. From the money worries line to the necessity for separation from someone to an upcoming celebration.

I have no spectacular insight on this: I just thought it was interesting.

Comments

Jen said…
Double eye roll here. I don't buy into psychic readings. Ever. The same applies for horoscopes. Everyone can somehow pick out info from them to apply to their own lives. Give me a break. I would be too embarrassed to post something so silly on my blog that a) I actually believe in psychics and b) I actually had a psychic reading.
Jenni said…
Ha!! Yeah, I don't even know what sign Trav is, or the kids for that matter!! Now, if they told me that there was chocolate cake for dessert tonight, I might be happy!
Jenni said…
Ha!! Yeah, I don't even know what sign Trav is, or the kids for that matter!! Now, if they told me that there was chocolate cake for dessert tonight, I might be happy!