Not supposed to be

I'm not supposed to be blogging. I'm supposed to be exercising.

Last night, Other Jim was not supposed to be making brownies. He was supposed to be sleeping.

Hayley isn't usually supposed to be socializing at the library. She's usually supposed to be practicing her clarinet or the piano.

Matt is not supposed to have such long hair. He's supposed to be able to see without hair in his eyes.

Jim wasn't supposed to spend the evening sleeping on the couch. He was supposed to be giving me a good back rub.

But we've all enjoyed being miscreants.

Paul is always doing what he's supposed to be doing. And he enjoys it.

Comments

Jen said…
Everyone deserves a teensy bit of naughty time. Even Paul. Go tell that boy it's okay slack at least once in his life.
Jenni said…
I was wondering where you were! How are you? I get to start exercising next week. I think yoga will help get my ankle strong and flexible again. It is nice to see other people not doing what they should be doing because that is what I am doing right now. I promised myself a nap and I'm on the computer instead. And I should update my blog, but instead I wrote a family letter and you already know all of it but you'll like getting mail anyway.
Jen, I couldn't ever tell Paul he can slack. I don't think he could live with himself if he didn't get all his business done before he sits around.

Jenni, I am fine. It's been a boring week at L'maison du Shoebox. (Pardon my French) I like any mail I can get even if I have heard the news already.