Ten Things I learned at school today

1. Putting labels in English textbooks is a surprisingly good workout.
2. Parent volunteers are all but invisible to the teen population of the school.
3. Some teachers' voices carry QUITE well. I learned lots about how to decipher what I read in the StarTrib (The Red Star, the Hammer and Sickle--what else do you, my brothers, call it?)
4. Time goes really really fast at school.
5. I still feel like a student.
6. I'd still be a teacher's pet if I were a student because I like helping. Putting barcodes in textbooks was fun.
7. Jimmy and Paul don't have lunch at 12 noon. Or if they did, I didn't see them.
8. "The Fishbowl" is cube-shaped.
9. Break down the boxes after putting barcodes in the textbooks.
10. Never ever ever wear hot pink semi-sheer lycra footless tights as pants to school. Please.

Comments

Jenni said…
Guess what I'll be returning to Hot Topix tonight...

We don't have high tech in our school. I'm afraid we're behind the times.
Jen said…
Looks like you kind of enjoyed yourself. Too bad you weren't actually in school and could win brownie points with the teachers should you need to bump that A- to a real A.

I'm totally baffled by the current fashion situation that has plagued us. I'm sorry, but I think most popular looks right now make people look like they need help. The ever popular pants around the knees look reminds me too much of the homeless character played by Damon Wayans on In Living Color. He was a dirty, drunken, homeless man who carried his urine around in a jar. Something really to strive for, young men.

And 80's Boy George is all I picture when I see the mismatched outfits that teenage girls think are so cute on them these days. There's a reason colored leggings were taken off the market years ago--they do not flatter and enhance all those features that strive to hide. Same goes for tapered pants--they make women look like triangles. I don't know about you, but I work hard to not look like a triangle::shudder::