Today is all about pasta

I'm going to be up to my elbows in spaghetti sauce all day. Paul's pre-race pasta dinner is tonight. Every time I have people over for whatever reason, I worry that I haven't prepared enough food. And today is no different. How much spaghetti will 35 kids eat? Yes, I know the answer is "A LOT." but how much is "A LOT?" Is it more than "A TON?" or "LOADS?" Will 9 jars of Ragu be enough? And then we must take in to consideration the 2 pans of stuffed shells already made and the 2 pans of lasagna that WILL be made (will I have enough spaghetti sauce for THAT?). Do I have enough spaghetti noodles on hand? I have plenty of elbows, as you can see: (ew. she keeps body parts in her pantry. And they are PLUS-sized elbows! She's a monster!) (OK, it's still early in the morning; I'm a still a little groggy, and I type odd things while groggy)

Now I've forgotten my point. Perhaps there was no point to this post, other than to say that I have to cook wads of pasta today and I hope I cook enough. Another lady is bringing garlic bread and salad. We'll have gallons of lemonade to drink.

And immediately after the feasting begins, I have to leave to take Matt and Hayley to children's choir. Jim gets to deal with the teenagers as they eat their way through my pantry.

Comments

stubz said…
We had to make spaghetti for eight people and ended up making enough for about 30! A little pasta goes a long way. I'm sure you have enough.
Whenever I make spaghetti for my kids, I think I've made enough, but someone always says, "Is there anymore?" and there isn't.
Jake and Steph said…
Sara, spaghetti cooks pretty quickly if you have to make more. Just have a pot of water on the stove ready to go, it can even be simmering. Also, the sauce will slightly thicken over a little bit of time. A little hot water will stretch that out if'n you need to. Just a couple of tips from someone that would rather push the envelope of not making more than you have to opposed to making too much.