Happy Easter!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

One of my favorite scriptures.
Happy Easter! The kids must be getting old. None of them woke us up at the crack of dawn to hunt for Easter eggs. In fact, Jim and I had to wake them all up. And we sat around for a little bit before getting any of the kids up. Some day in the not to distant future, we won't color eggs, hide and seek eggs, we won't fill up Easter baskets. It's kind of sad. And with Katie gone, it's a glimpse at our future--the emptying of the nest.

Yesterday we went to Dave's to wish Owen a happy first birthday. I have never seen a kid smile so big or be so ready to burst with joy as Owen did when we all sang "Happy Birthday." He got scared when the kids were batting at the pinata, but he cheered right up when we sang to him again. Here are the Hawleys: Dave, Owen, and Marissa:


And here is Matt, sitting in the broken shell of the pinata. As you can see, it was a relatively big pinata. Or it's a relatively small Matt.

Keep checking the Laker Band Adventures link for updates on the PLHS band China trip!

I really shouldn't be updating the blog right now, because I have a last minute assignment to teach at church. As the Education counselor, I'm the go-to person for sick teachers in Relief Society. Mind you, I'm not complaining; I'm just chastising myself for spending time on the computer when I should be preparing the lesson. Jim has a lesson to teach too; he's the YM president and it's his week to teach. But he's being good and reading his lesson. I'm just lucky we have late church, although I do have to be there for choir practice. And prelude. I am not the organist, but our ward organist is currently in China.

Comments