Day 21 of the Halloween Special Feature and I've been tagged AGAIN.

I made this wall hanging and every year I hang it on a little wall that overlooks the entry way.
That way, Pumpkin lady can meet everyone that enters my home. I saw this pattern in a book and fell in love immediately. It's got fall leaves, pumpkins, and a cool grape button (sewed on in the stuff pumpkin lady is holding), as well as a few other buttons. Matt likes it because there are two squirrels on it. He loves squirrels. Normally, I have a hard time finishing crafts, but I loved this so much that I was able to finish, even the writing on the side and top of the hanging. The lady who thinks up wall hangings like this one (she has whole line of them) apparently doesn't like hair on women. All the male seasonal icons (Santa, leprechauns, uncle Sam etc) are given hair, but the women in her designs are usually bald except for a little twiddly backstitched head-wreath. Go figure. Oh well, I can deal with a bald pumpkin lady. She's ok with herself. She still manages to be a gracious and genteel lady, despite the lack of natural cranial covering.

This is the tag. I won't tag anyone else. We've all been memed out I think.
Here are the rules:
1) Post the rules on your blog.
2) Answer the six "8" items.
3) Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (not doing!)

8 Favorite TV shows (do canceled shows count? I think they do.)
1. Chuck
2. Pushing Daisies
3. Good Eats
4. Ace of Cakes
5. Mystery Science Theater 3000 (which I'm not listing first ONLY because it's been off the air for a long time)
6. Seinfeld
7. Heroes
8. House


8 Things I did yesterday
1. Babysat
2. attended a meeting
3. set up another blog for a group. No you can't see it. It's for a church group and they want to keep it private
4. shopped for groceries
5. knitted
6. talked to Katie (Hi Katie! Eat your veggies!)
7. insisted that people NOT drop their backpacks at the end of the couch.
8. ate candy corn

8 Things I look forward to
1. Not babysitting today
2. eating breakfast
3. snow! Yes. I LIKE COLD WEATHER
4. Nov 19, 2008--20 years of marriage
5. Halloween
6. making wild rice soup
7. seeing the kids all grown up and independent
8. being finished with the Great Room Switch


8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Chinese Gourmet
2. Superdragon
3. PF Changs (Yes, I know I have three Chinese restaurants on here. Guess what kind of food is my favorite?)
4. Red Lobster
5. La Dolce Vita
6. Wherever Dave works
7. Olive Garden
8. Lion's Tap (Mom we haven't been there in a while)


8 Things on my Wish List
1. That my kids will grow up and find as much happiness as I have found
2. World Peace
3. Pay off mortgage
4. More shoes
5. Florida Keys for 25th anniversary. I've started saving my pennies...
6. that the house would declutter itself
7. a few quiet hours each day
8. more wishes

Comments

Jenni said…
I got some fun shoes (and cheap) at shoe carnival on Friday! That goes along with your wish for shoes. I have a wall hanging just like yours, you made it, and I love her. She is not out. However, there might be Thanksgiving decor. We'll see.