Day 27 of the Halloween Decoration Special Feature and insomnia

I have many wall hangings for Halloween.
But I don't have as many as some people. So if I ever think that perhaps I go a little overboard for Halloween, I think to myself that there are several people I know that live in my area who craft and sew holiday dust-gatherers all year long and have WAY more stuff than I do. So I rationalize. I love the buttons on this wall hanging--the candy corn on the witch's hat and the spider climbing up her chin. Click on the picture for a closer look.

Jim and I have a problem. We fall asleep on the downstairs couch too often. The couch is too comfortable (although we have fallen asleep on less comfortable furniture so the problem is maybe not the couch). I usually wake up in the middle of the night and trudge upstairs to get into bed, but I tend to have a hard time going back to sleep. Such is the case today. I've been up since 3:30 and I finally gave up trying to sleep at four. I already cleaned out the junk drawer in the kitchen and I would have made some cheesecake but that would involve running the blender and I didn't want to wake anyone up before they actually had to get up. So I'm blogging. I think that when I'm done blogging (very soon) I will make some muffins for the early risers, although I'D RATHER BE ASLEEP.

Comments

Jake and Steph said…
You're not the only ones that fall asleep on the couch. Steph and I do a lot also. Last night was a lot of "wake-y" time for us, too. Kid issues, though. I think I fell asleep around ten pm and then was awoken by various kids and pets at least three times before 4:30 am. But then of course, we woke up late and had to rush to get out the door for school. Hope your day isn't too tire'y.

Jake
Jenni said…
I have solved my insomnia by getting up at 4:45 daily. I fall asleep so fast and then have no trouble falling back asleep. It is when I don't work and I stay up late that I have trouble and also start dreaming that things are going really bad at work. I even fell asleep during choir practice yesterday. That was bad.
Mike said…
I have chosen this forum to recognize a special historical event. I was going to post this on other sisters (Jens) website but I thought that commenting on a "fresh" post would garner higher viewership. Floyd Cramer (October 27, 1933 – December 31, 1997
Happy Birthday Mr. Cramer, R.I.P
Concerned Citizen
Citizen! I should have known!

Yes, Happy birthday Fer Keemer, may you rest in peace, although judging by the one record album cover we had, I think perhaps your fingers are still twitching.
Jen said…
That witchy wall hanging looks very familiar. Unfortunately, I have not had the time or energy to pull out any decorations this year. I promise hat I will next year, and that wonderful wall hanging will be the #1 feature.